The Saunders House
The Saunders House is named after William Saunders, whose family was one of Key West’s original pioneers. In 1873, he owned the entire plot of undeveloped land where the Saunders, Abernathy and Locke Houses currently stand. The Saunders house was the first built on this plot in the 1890’s and is a classic two-story Victorian style with wrap around porches. This house’s 2nd floor has been converted into the only two bedroom, two bathroom suite with a balcony overlooking Eaton Street and a separate studio suite with a private verandah overlooking the adult pool. The 1st floor has been converted into two, one bedroom suites with a shared balcony facing Eaton Street and a studio suite amidst a private garden patio with direct access to the adult pool.